Effective Date June 14, 2016
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Directly
We collect information that you provide us directly, including when you contact us using a “Contact Us” form on the site, send us an e-mail, or enter a search query on the Services. For example, if you send us e-mail, your email address and the contents of your message will be collected. This includes text characters and any audio, video, and graphic information formats included in the message.
Information We Collect Automatically
Information from Third Parties
We may receive additional information about you from other publically and commercially available sources, as permitted law.
Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect and receive to provide and improve the Services and our other products, services, and offerings, as well as to provide you with information you request or respond to inquiries we receive from you or your company or organization. We also may use such information to analyze how users use the Services and related analysis, research, reporting, and troubleshooting and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend legal rights, privacy, safety or property, whether our own or that of our employees or agents or others, and to comply with applicable law.
Sharing Your Information
To the extent consistent with applicable law, we may share your information in the following circumstances:
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- with affiliated and third-party service providers, such as companies that provide us technical support, data hosting, and other services;
- with other parties when required by law or as necessary to provide or protect our services, products, and other offerings. For example, we may need to disclose information with other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement; to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies and terms governing our Services; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees;
- in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation; and
- when you or your company or organization consent to or request such sharing.
The information you provide may be transferred outside your country to another country that does not have similar data protection legislation and may provide a lower level of protection for your information. By using any of the Services or providing us with your information you consent such transfers.
Links to Other Websites and Third Parties
The Services may contain links or references to third-party owned or operated websites or online services. AECOM is not responsible for the collection of personal information or the security or privacy of such information on any such third party sites or services.
Likewise, AECOM is not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any personal information you disclose to such other organizations through or in connection with our social media pages, any mobile sites, applications, widgets, and other mobile interactive features.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
The Services — as well as certain third parties that provide content and other functionality on the Services — use a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Services and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Other local storage. Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage are similar to cookies in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. These objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies, however. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls.
- Web beacons. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Web beacon was viewed.
Protection of Information
AECOM uses industry standard security measures to protect the information under our control, including firewalls and other security measures. Although the inherent dangers of the Internet mean we cannot guarantee the protection of your information against loss, misuse, or alteration, AECOM takes steps to protect your personal information.
The Services are intended to be used by adults and corporate entities interested in AECOM. They are not intended for children, and AECOM does not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding AECOM’s disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. AECOM does not disclose personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Do Not Track Signal
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. We do not currently take action in response to those signals. If an industry standard on responding to such signals is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to those signals.
Questions and Contact Information
If you have any questions about this statement or our handling of personal information please contact us by e-mail at privacyquestions@AECOM.com.