From a new bypass in Stockholm which will ease city congestion to a super sewer in London that will protect the Thames from pollution for decades to come, AECOM’s ground engineering specialists help to deliver some of the world’s most technically demanding projects.
Taking on projects at any scale, our integrated team cuts through complexity to deliver transformational outcomes. Our expertise spans a range of integrated disciplines and we work to foster and transfer knowledge across projects.
We are a team regularly innovating, but we’re also pragmatists and understand the challenges of delivering projects within increasing regulatory and budgetary pressures. We work to reduce uncertainty, helping to mitigate ground risk and harness opportunities to develop more efficient geotechnical solutions.
Our team have the capability to undertake advanced numerical analysis used in the right situation to establish cost-effective and sustainable design solutions. From carrying out sustainable earthworks solutions for Daventry international freight terminal a project involving the improvement and re-use of 250,000m3 of lower specification site-won materials to implementing a ground investigation along sections of 883km pipeline along the Caspian Sea to Georgia, our ground engineering specialists are always helping our clients add value to realise their bold ambitions.
Our technical expertise is always underpinned by rigorous quality, environmental and health & safety processes. We put safety first, always.
- Global reach — We have the capability to provide consistent, high-quality ground engineering in locations around the world and reach out for solutions across a global network.
- Training/education — We offer our clients training and education on new practices and technologies as well as regulatory updates through our client webinar program.
- Scale and standing of team – AECOM is ranked as the no.1 UK ground engineering consultant (GE Consultants File 2016) and an international leader (ENR)
- Award Winning Projects – AECOM’s Ground Engineering team has achieved success at many industry awards events including the Ground Engineering Awards, ICE Excellence Awards and the Environment Agency Project Excellence Awards.
- Academic excellence, strong links with several universities and sponsor strong students with promising careers in geotechnics.