AECOM is providing engineering, procurement and construction management services for this direct shipping ore project, located in Quebec, Labrador and Newfoundland. To be completed in 2013, this mine-to-market project enables owner, Tata Steel Minerals Canada Limited, to move ore from mines near Schefferville to the port of Sept-Îles in Quebec. Delivered through a multidisciplinary team of program and project managers as well as water, municipal infrastructure building and energy engineers, our professionals are delivering a variety of services including:
- Mine development and tailings
- Permitting support
- Detailed engineering of concentrator, process plant, building facilities, rail, and site infrastructure
- Procurement of all equipment and contracts
- Start-up and commissioning support
- Transportation and logistics
The project’s total capital expenditure is more than CA$453 million and includes the beneficiation plant, a camp and auxiliary areas, 31 kilometers (19 miles) of rail spur and rail-yards, and material handling systems.