The Innovation Resource Facility (IRF), funded by the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), helps to build a better world through innovative design and delivery of programs and fostering a culture of innovation within our project team and our client.
We source and manage high quality technical advisory and support services in frontier fields of aid and development. We also manage a range of grant funds on behalf of DFAT. In addition, this Facility also provides support to DFAT and other Australian Government agencies for non-aid related innovation services.
- Over 50 client requests for technical support delivered in our first year of operation.
- Currently managing approximately AUD 23.5 million of grant funds for our client, involving over 50 projects implemented across 23 different countries.
- The projects and grants we manage on behalf of DFAT sit across a diverse range of sectors, including technology for development, big data, drones and food security, nutrition, social enterprises, impact investing, financial inclusion, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), maternal and child health, education and many more.
- We have provided hands on, end-to-end program design and implementation management support to our client for several exciting projects, including recently the MIKTA Education in Emergencies Challenge.
- Furthermore, AECOM have utilised our extensive networks across the world to rapidly source a diverse range of expertise. At this early stage of the project, AECOM have already reached out to over 100 different individuals and organisations spanning sectors from digital communication technologies, to education, to biomass gasification. The reach of AECOM’s network has brought our client significant benefits.
- The current value of service orders issued under IRF exceeds AUD 32 million.