Our Bolivia office was established in 1995. Since then, AECOM (operating as URS Corporation Bolivia S.A) has become one of the leading consulting firms providing engineering, construction management, environmental and social related services to the public and private sectors in Bolivia.
We are proud of our participation as the social-environmental management company of the Bolivia–Brazil gas pipeline project, one of the largest and most significant infrastructure and development projects completed in decades in the Americas.
This project consisted of a 32” diameter pipeline extending over 3,000 kilometers from the Rio Grande Natural Gas Plant, in Santa Cruz in Bolivia, to São Paulo, and from São Paulo to Porto Alegre in Brazil.
AECOM Bolivia completed the ESHIA, and the first Indigenous Peoples Development plan in the country, and provided social and environmental monitoring during construction of this project both in Bolivia and Brazil.
Extensive cultural resources management studies performed by AECOM on this project yielded an important archaeological discovery of previously unknown pre-Hispanic occupation of the dry lowland forest of Bolivia. The results of the study were published in an original, hardbound book in Spanish and English, and were the focus of a major museum exhibition in Bolivia. The book was distributed locally and worldwide.
As a result of the innovative and efficient implementation of our Monitoring Program, Gas TransBoliviano was awarded the prize: “Excellence in Environmental Management and Impact Evaluation” in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia in 2001.
Other representative projects in Bolivia include environmental studies and/or engineering and construction monitoring services for the Santa Cruz-Cuiaba gas pipeline, the Ocy pipeline, The Altiplano pipeline, the Juana Azurduy pipeline, the Altiplano pipeline and the Laguna Colorada geothermal power plant and transmission project.
AECOM Bolivia has also provided consulting services for several projects across Latin America which included the Camisea Upstream and Downstream Gas Project in Peru, DD studies for the acquisition of Peres Companc facilities in five countries; LNG plants in Peru and Chile; a Value Engineering Study for Nido de Aguilas Hydroelectric Project in Chile; and an ESIA for an Exploration and Production oil & gas wells offshore on Blocks RC4 and RC5 of the Colombian Caribbean.
AECOM Bolivia has completed over 200 Audits, DD, Compliance, Permitting, Surveys, Investigations, RBCA Risk Assessment and ISO 14000, EMS for O&G E&P fields, refineries, terminals, pipelines, ports, power generation, power transmission and distribution, gas plants, LPG, and LNG plants in several Latin American countries.
Some of these projects have been directly financed by diverse international organizations such as the World Bank, the Inter American Development Bank and the Corporación Andina de Fomento.
Our clients include oil & gas, mining, power and industrial companies as well as central and local government agencies.
- Facilities Acquisition Environmental-Social Due Diligence Audits
- Environmental Phase I, II and Regulatory Compliance Audits
- Environmental-Social Impact Studies (ESHIA)
- Environmental-Social Monitoring Programs
- Environmental Management Systems and development plans
- Archaeological/cultural survey, investigation and salvage studies
- Spill Response plans and assessments
- Risks assessment and contingency plans preparation
- Contamination characterization and remediation studies
- Waste management planning
Engineering and Construction Management Services
- Site Selection
- Land Use and Feasibility Studies
- Geology and Hydrogeology studies
- Geotechnical and Civil engineering
- Hydrological and Water Supply studies
- Water and Wastewater treatment plant design
- Mine Tailing Facilities design
- Transportation Design
- Program and Construction Management
- Facilities Closure and Demolishing