02 Aug 2017 – The 100th contract under Scape Group’s National Built Environment Consultancy Services (BECS) framework has been signed today. The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) is the latest organisation to award a contract under the framework. DVSA, which has a significant number of assets across the country, is working with Perfect Circle to harness the benefits of the wide-ranging BECS framework offer, both in terms of breadth of services and the extensive local supply chain.
Scape Group is a public-sector organisation, dedicated to creating ongoing efficiency and social value via the built environment. Perfect Circle – a joint venture between Pick Everard, Gleeds and AECOM – has been appointed by Scape to deliver the broadest range of consultancy services available to the public sector, via the BECS framework.
The DVSA is an executive agency of the UK Department for Transport, responsible for monitoring and testing driver and vehicle safety. Activities range from driving tests to roadside vehicle checks. In the initial commission, Perfect Circle will support DVSA to develop a strategy to ensure its extensive assets across the UK are best suited to the future demands of the Agency. The programme of works is expected to encompass a backlog of essential maintenance, repair works and facilities upgrades.
Other projects under the framework are being delivered for clients including the London Borough of Lewisham, the University of Edinburgh and the City of London Corporation. Of the 14 projects delivered so far, all have been delivered on time and to budget. Local resources are used where possible and 41% of the work is delivered by workers within 20 miles of the client’s offices. Student engagement is another key performance indicator and to date there has been over 5,500 hours spent on lectures and work experience with schools, colleges and universities, in relation to projects delivered through the BECS framework. The projects have created 72 new jobs and 54 apprentices have worked on the commissions.
Duncan Green, Perfect Circle Chairman, said: “This latest project under the BECS framework marks an exciting milestone. The variety and scale of the projects being delivered under the framework demonstrates Perfect Circle’s unrivalled and expert industry knowledge. Perfect Circle brings its breadth of diverse and specialist disciplines to the projects, delivered locally through its extensive network of offices and delivery partners.”
Mark Robinson, Scape Group Chief Executive, commented: “Our clients strive to deliver high quality services and facilities for the public, but in these austere times it is vital that each built environment project is not only delivered on time and to budget, but also achieves maximum social value, for example by delivering work experience placements, educational opportunities for students and new jobs. This latest milestone project goes to show the BECS framework has quickly turned into a vital tool for the public sector which not only delivers a high quality, reliable service, but real benefits for local communities.”
The services available under the BECS framework include, but are not limited to: project management, quantity surveying, building surveying, commercial surveying, architecture and design services, civil and structural engineering, highways consultancy and engineering services and strategic asset management.
The framework went live in October last year and will be delivered over a four year period.
Telephone: +44 (0)7388 948206
Note to editors
About Scape Group
Scape Group is a public-sector organisation, dedicated to creating ongoing efficiency and social value via the built environment. Scape and its subsidiaries offer fully managed frameworks, property services, innovative design solutions, community investment opportunities and joint ventures.
By bringing together the strongest teams from the public and private sectors, Scape’s rapidly deployed, highly measurable and collaborative approach delivers value for money and quality buildings whilst stimulating local economic growth and community enrichment. Scape operates with a buying capacity of £13bn and has helped to deliver over 12,00 public sector projects with more than 1,700 currently in progress.
For more information visit: www.scapegroup.co.uk
About Perfect Circle
- Perfect Circle is a consortium comprising Pick Everard, Gleeds and AECOM – leading, innovative firms with expert industry knowledge and expertise, supported by an extensive local supply chain. Perfect Circle delivers the broadest range of consultancy services available to the public sector via the public sector owned built environment specialist Scape Group’s National Built Environment Consultancy Services (BECS) framework.
- AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM had revenue of approximately $17.4 billion during fiscal year 2016. See how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
- Gleeds (www.gleeds.com) is an international property and construction consultancy with over 130 years’ experience in the property and construction industry. With 1600 dedicated staff across six continents and 64 offices, Gleeds prides itself on being a global business that is structured to act and think locally.
- Working with clients in almost every sector, Gleeds services the entire project lifecycle and categorises its offering into the following core areas: programme and project management, commercial and contract management, property and asset management and advisory.
About Pick Everard
- Pick Everard is a leading independent property, construction and infrastructure consultancy renowned for cutting edge sustainable design, delivered through cost effective and efficient project management. Established in 1866, Pick Everard has an award-winning project portfolio covering major retail development, city centre and urban regeneration, commercial and leisure projects.
- Pick Everard, which has an integrated in-house team of 450 architects, engineers, surveyors and project managers, is also part of Perfect Circle – a consortium comprising Pick Everard, Gleeds and AECOM established to deliver the Scape Built Environment Consultancy Services framework. Pick Everard has offices in the UK in London, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Bury St Edmunds, Cardiff, Inverness and Bristol. For more information visit www.pickeverard.co.uk